SCIENTIFIC BACKGROUND OF THE REVATIS TEAM
Our research lab (The Centre for Oxygen, Research & Development, Liege University) leaded by Prof. D. SERTEYN, studies the precise mechanisms of redox processes related to oxygen metabolism in normal and pathological conditions. First area of interest is the reactive oxygen species (ROS) production based on cellular and enzyme systems (human continuous cell lines, equine primary cell lines, isolated neutrophils and Stem Cells) and their modulation by natural and synthetic molecules.
Our group has been studied for decades the key role of mitochondria in the redox process, particularly in ischemic lesions (anoxia/reoxygenation models) or during inflammation (neutrophil activation…) as well as during intense physical exercise.
Recently, we have developed a new mesenchymal stem cell model (MSC) for various purposes. The technique is based on muscular microbiopsies and isolation of stem cells. The isolated stem cells can then be cultured and passage several times, be cryopreserved in liquid nitrogen and be differentiated in multiple cell lineage including osteoblasts, chondroblasts, adipocytes but also cells from cardiac or neuronal lineage.
PhD Veterinary Sciences
R&D manager at the CORD laboratory of the University of Liège
QA at RevaTis for the production of skeletal muscle derived stem cells
- 2008-2012 : Ph D thesis in the CORD laboratory of the University of Liège “The mitochondrial function of cultured equine skeletal muscle cells: effect of anoxia and activated neutrophils”
- 2013-2015: First Spin Off program from the Walloon Region “EQUICEL – utilization of skeletal muscle derived stem cells in equine regenerative medicine”
- 2013: Creation of the Spin Off RevaTis
- 2014: Patent WO2015091210A1 “Mammalian muscle derived stem cells”
- 2015 – 2018: First entreprise program from the Walloon Region “Production and differentiation of equine muscle derived stem cells”
- 2017: GMP agreement for RevaTis from the Federal medicines agency and official authorization for the clinical trial “Revacell”
RevaTis Belgium Head Office
Rue de la Science, 8,
RevaTis Dubai - United Emirates
Dubai Science Park
RevaTis AM - Texas - USA
RevaTis AM, Inc.
501 Graham Road
College Station, TX 77845
RevaTis Hong Kong
Suites 1201-4, 12/F, Tower 2
The Gateway, 25-27 Canton Road
Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon,